Thursday, February 15, 2007

Quote of the day

"Stop buying products that serve any other master than you." Joel Johnson



This was in reference to an article he wrote for Gizmodo (link) about how what a joke consumer electronics are. The is a perfect description of DRM riddled products such as Microsoft's Plays for Sure, and Apple's Fairplay (which Steve Jobs want to gets rid of but Hollywood has a gun bazooka held to his head). If I legally purchase an album or a movie of of the intertubes I should be able to do whatever the hell I want with it. But no, the music industry and Hollywood stooges get to tell what I'm allowed to do with MY property. I purchased the product, not rented it. Anyway, as that went way off topic, read the article I linked to earlier.





powered by performancing firefox

No comments: